Thursday, June 15, 2006

Naming Our Cars

[Listening to: Unknown DVD - Unknown - (00:00)]

[Listening to: Unknown DVD - Unknown - (00:00)]

Was smoking downstairs when one of our managers joined us. They were discussing about a client being impressed with their presentation earlier this week and I suggested to one of the exec using his new LANCER which he got at a bargain price to impress the client further when he goes to meet the client on the next meet.

"You should mentioned about this earlier, then I would have bought my Franky today" - Manager

"Franky?" I blurped.

"My Frankenstein"

He named his modded wira(with a 1.8 turbo GSR), 'Franky'.

Duh.

Then I started thinking about my car...

"Mine's called 'Archie'"

"Archie??" - Manager

"It's old, rattles, hums and a bone-shaker, just like Archie's jalopy" - I explained, it's actually just a wira.

"Ahh, good name" - Manager



Examples:

Cars with only one working front head lamps - Jasin

Cars buried in landslides - Toyo

Cars which parked double parking spaces and about to be summon - Kudus or Kayveas

Cars with fully tinted glass - Badawi

Old abandoned cars grazing at fields - Rafidah

Cars driven by mostly women - Gilmore Girls

A car that aspires to be more than its worth - Akademi Fantasia, Malaysian Idol, One in a Mill, etc.

Cars that rejects its owners - PDRM

Wrecked cars that attempts to make a comeback after some major over-hauls - Anwar



We should all name our cars. Gives that old metal junk a personality it deserves.
Fun stuff.